Thursday, July 1, 2010

Woo Hoo! Fluff Package!

Yay! We got our fluff package (finally) in the mail yesterday! With the addition of three new one-size pocket diapers (orange, red, and green this time) we now have enough where I can cloth diaper all day long every other day. So, we cloth diaper one day, then sposie the next while I wash and line dry the diapers. My goal is to eventually be cloth diapering 100% of the time, all the time, of course, but it's a slow process. More and more I find myself wishing that we would have started this whole adventure earlier, but I am comforted that we should be able to cloth diaper our next child 100% from day one.

I have been going through the diaperswappers forums but I have a couple of issues. First off, they are a little overwhelming. There are so many posts about rules and what you are not supposed to do, that I am afraid to post for fear I will break a rule that I don't understand. I would love to post on there for some more followers, but I'm not sure if that is permitted or not. I also am a little wary of using used diapers. I know that they are washed and all that, and I would certainly wash them when I got them, but so are all the swim suits and underwear that you see in a thrift store, and I don't know of anyone who buys them. To me, it's not like a used t-shirt or something. This is going on my child's bottom and privates, and it just makes me a little nervous. There are new diapers though, so I guess I will just have to super-search, post, and keep my fingers crossed that I'm not breaking some unknown rule.

I'm also continuously trolling e-bay to see what I can find, though most of the brands on there don't seem to be much of a deal compared to what I could find in a store. I am hoping that I can buy a few brand new ones this weekend, as we found a store online that is supposed to sell them up in Maridian...but I want to try so many different kinds that I'm just not sure our budget can take it. :0) This is truly an addiction.

If anyone has any suggestions of brands or types for me to try, please feel free to share. Like I said, I'm very new to this, and am looking for advice everywhere I can find it! Also, please pass me around to your cloth diapering friends and family! I'm always looking for more readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment