Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cloth Diapering: Day One...Again...

Well, after the disaster of an experience last time we cloth diapered (using pre-folds, diaper pins, and plastic covers) I wasn't sure I wanted to do it again...but I had some great friends that convinced me that I should try. After all, pre-folds aren't the only cloth diapers out there! So, we bought some one-size pocket diapers on e-bay and decided to give it another go. Today is day one of our cloth diapering experience, and even though we are only about half a day in I can already say...

...I LOVE IT!!!!

I won't lie, I was a little daunted when I put him in them and he pooped less than 5 minutes later! Especially since he's been having some poopie problems the last few days. But, I had put in a pre-fold as a liner, making the diaper a little bulky but eliminating the need to whip out another diaper just because he had pooped in this one. I just pulled out the pre-fold, dumped as much of the poop as possible, and popped in another one as a liner. (I think we will be investing in 'real" liners soon, but this has been working great in a pinch.)

The fact that I have changed him several times and still not had to actually change the whole diaper is thrilling! I'm not throwing away a bunch of diaper trash, I haven't used a billion wipes, and his poor bottom isn't red, despite the extra pooping he's been doing! 

Not only that, he seems to love them and they are just so darn cute!

I'll update about the rest of the day later, but I just had to say that, as of now, half way through day one, I am loving this!


1 comment: